Updated: June 1, 2022
*****A built-in or external webcam and microphone are recommended for both Windows and MAC OS computers to enable students to use Respondus Monitor and fully participate in Zoom web conferencing activities as required by their instructors.
- Windows 8.1 and newer
- Mac OSX 10.15 and newer
- Linux - ChromeOS
- Chromebook - Chromebook use is highly discouraged due to an incompatibility with Respondus Lockdown Browser and Monitor. Students using Chromebooks will be responsible for finding another computer for use in courses that require Respondus Lockdown Browser and/or Respondus Monitor.
- Mobile Operating System Native App Support - There are free Apple and Android mobile apps for Canvas, Zoom, and Respondus (Respondus only supports Apple iPad).
Computer Speed and Processor
- Use a computer 5 years old or newer when possible
- 1GB of RAM
- 2GHz processor
- Internet Speed - Broadband recommended for any class using Zoom. Minimum bandwidth requirement of 800kbps.
- Chromebook, iPad, HP Stream, and cellphones are highly discouraged for use as a primary method of accessing your classes as these are not compatible with some of the resources used for course delivery.
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Chromium based Edge
- Apple Safari
- Mozilla Firefox
NOTE: Some instructors may elect to use publisher-provided products and services that have higher requirements.